Downloadable version of my resume is available Here.
Sterling, VA 20165
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Strong professional wants to apply his experience and skills to help your company develop high quality software. My excellent attention to details and knowledge of testing methodologies along with different operating systems experience including desktop, server and mobile OSes will be beneficial for your business. I have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills that I developed during my 20+ years of hands on IT experience. I’m able to understand business requirements and apply them as guidelines for testing efforts. Strong team player. Highly responsible, results oriented, self-motivated, fast learning person. Willing to keep up with latest technologies and learn something new every day. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Green Card holder.
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
Testing tools: Android SDK, iTools, iOS Console, Jing, Greenshot, Screencast-o-Matic, Check-my-links, Charles Proxy, Wireshark, AirServer, Testrail, Browser devtools.
Bug tracking: Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, uTest platform.
Networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, NAT, VPN, GRE
Virtualization technologies: VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen
Software: MS Office, Git, GitHub
QA Engineer II – comScore Inc., Reston VA, USA, June 2016 – Present
- Perform manual testing for client applications on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- Provide testing support for existing products.
- Write test cases, test scenarios, test plans.
- Perform regression testing, positive and negative testing, usability and localization testing, bug fix testing.
- Demonstrate highest attention to details which helps find multiple blockers and show stoppers.
- Write high quality bug reports, discuss with team leads and developers and get issues fixed.
- Carry out full issue workflows from initial report to closure.
- Consult team members on product specifications and testing specificity.
- Conduct deployments to production for releases and fixes.
- Develop automation scripts for test build installation on Mac and Windows.
- Established and optimized a set of VM images for Windows and Mac OS. Keep them updated for the team.
- Participate in research activities for new projects with no initial information available.
- Performed a research on a new product, based on my research results our company refused to acquire another company since their product was completely useless. This helped to save a lot of money for the company.
QA Engineer – Applause / uTest, Sterling VA, USA, 2014 – 2016
- Participated in more than 970 test cycles for more then 330 different products.
- Gold Rated tester. 4 times awarded as Favorite tester of the cycle.
- Performed manual testing, acceptance testing, regression testing, positive and negative testing, usability testing, localization testing.
- Utilized different mobile and desktop platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows 7, 8.1, 10. Mac OS X 10.x, Linux.
- Have been participating in continuous test cycles for US based: major cable provider, major real estate database company, major entertainment group, multinational financial services corporation, major clothes retailer, major publishing and financial information firm and others.
- Wrote and executed test cases, test plans, wrote quality bug reports and submitted them to uTest platform.
- Communicated with Testing Team Leads and Project Managers regarding test cycles and products.
- Successfully passed Testing Team Lead exam in August 2015.
Owner / Senior System Administrator – Systems and Services LLC, St.Petersburg, Russia. 2007 – 2014
- Built, tested and supported the company’s website using HTML, CSS, PHP and web forum engine.
- Integrated, tested and supported a web based ticket system to simplify the way customers could get support and trace their requests.
- Developed, tested and maintained web sites for the customers in different areas of business: e-Commerce, Accountants, Construction.
- Ran my own company of eight employees in which I provided training to the employees, along with my engineering responsibilities outlined below:
- Provided maintenance and support for 120+ workstations, 10+ MS Windows servers and 5+ Linux servers.
- Built from scratch local area networks. Maintained MS Windows servers, Linux servers, backups and system upgrades.
- Utilized visualization technologies to achieve better performance for customers’ servers and implemented improvements to their network infrastructures.
Senior System Administrator – DiCom Services LLC, St.Petersburg, Russia. 2004 – 2007
IT Consultant / System Administrator – American Starlex Int’l Co., Omaha, NE, USA 1998 – 2004
PC Technician / System Administrator – Einstein JSC, St.Petersburg, Russia 1994 – 2004
COURSES / CERTIFICATES
- BBST – Foundations course graduate 2015.
- BBST – Bug Advocacy course graduate 2016.
- Skillsoft – Agile Principles and Methodologies apj_13_a01_it_enus 2017
- Skillsoft – Agile Project Planning apj_13_a02_it_enus 2017
- Skillsoft – Agile Project Scheduling and Monitoring apj_13_a03_it_enus 2017
- Skillsoft – Agile Stakeholder Engagement and Team Development apj_13_a04_it_enus 2017