Downloadable version of my resume is available here.
Sterling, VA 20165
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Highly motivated, experienced professional with strong IT background eager to apply his skills and attitude to help your company develop a high quality software. I’ve participated in many different testing activities for different domains. A good knowledge of MS Windows and Linux operating systems, both desktop and server versions, Mac OS operating systems, hardware and networking technologies, helps me to test various products better. I’m proficient in mobile applications testing using both iOS and Android platforms. I have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills which I developed during my 20+ years of hands on IT experience. Teamwork and collaboration with other team members are my goals. I’m a highly responsible, results oriented, self-motivated, fast learning person. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Green Card holder.
Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Mac
Testing tools: Android SDK, iTools, iOS Console, Jing, Greenshot, Screencast-o-Matic, Check-my-links, Charles Proxy, Air Server, Mobizen, Fiddler, Testrail.
Software: MS Office, Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec, Adobe, Autodesk, Git, GitHub
Bug tracking: uTest platform, Bugzilla, Mantis, Jira.
Networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, NAT, VPN, GRE
Virtualization technologies: VirtualBox, VM Ware, Xen
Software Tester – Applause Inc.(uTest), Sterling, VA, USA, 2014 – Present
- Participated in more than 970 test cycles for more then 330 different products.
- Gold Rated tester. 4 times awarded as Favorite tester of the cycle.
- Performed manual testing, acceptance testing, regression testing, positive and negative testing, usability testing, localization testing.
- Utilized different mobile and desktop platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows 7, 8.1, 10. Mac OS X 10.x, Linux.
- Have been participating in continuous test cycles for US based: major cable provider, major real estate database company, major entertainment group, multinational financial services corporation, major clothes retailer, major publishing and financial information firm and others.
- Wrote and executed test cases, test plans, wrote quality bug reports and submitted them to uTest platform.
- Communicated with Testing Team Leads and Project Managers regarding test cycles and products.
- Successfully passed Testing Team Lead exam in August 2015.
System Administrator – Systems and Services LLC, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2007 – Present
- Built, tested and supported the company’s website using HTML, CSS, PHP and web forum engine.
- Integrated, tested and supported a web based ticket system to simplify the way customers could get support and trace their requests.
- Developed, tested and maintained web sites for the customers in different areas of business: e-Commerce, Accountants, Construction.
- Ran my own company of eight employees in which I provided training to the employees, along with my engineering responsibilities outlined below:
- Provided maintenance and support for 120+ workstations, 10+ MS Windows servers and 5+ Linux servers.
- Built from scratch local area networks. Maintained MS Windows servers, Linux servers, backups and system upgrades.
- Utilized visualization technologies to achieve better performance for customers’ servers and implemented improvements to their network infrastructures.
System Administrator – Dicom Services LLC, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2004 – 2007
- Installed, configured and maintained network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi routers and access points, print servers, etc.
- Administered Windows 2003 servers. Implemented backup and system restore.
- Performed network analysis and troubleshooting to resolve problems.
- Applied improvements to customers local area networks to achieve better network performance and reliability.
- Ran IT outsourcing department of three PC Technicians.
- Provided technical support and training to department technicians relating to hardware and software, local area network components and infrastructure.
IT Consultant – American Starlex Int’l Co., Omaha NE, USA, 1998 – 2004
- Provided remote technical support and consulted company’s staff regarding Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP and Server 2003 operating systems and other software.
- Designed local area network configuration which helped to lower time consumption in data exchange between company’s staff.
- Implemented remote software installation and troubleshooting.
- Designed new computer system configurations according company needs.
- Helped to choose appropriate office equipment such as printers, copiers, fax machines.
- Edited, maintained and updated corporate web site.
PC Technician – Einstein JSC, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1994 – 2004
- Designed, built and tested new computer systems for retail and corporate customers.
- Installed, configured, tested and tuned up Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 3.1/95/98 operating systems, Microsoft Office, anti-virus and other different software according to customers needs.
- Diagnosed and repaired computer systems hardware, laptops, faxes, printers.
- Maintained and implemented local area networks for customers.
- Provided customer service and technical support.
COURSES / CERTIFICATES
- BBST Foundations course graduate 2015.
- BBST Bug Advocacy course graduate 2016.